Processes invoked by the web server, cron, shell or any other method should not exceed the following limitations:
– Consume more than 16 MBs of RAM.
– Utilize in excess of 15 seconds of CPU time.
– Number of open files should not exceed 64.
– Number of simultaneous processes should not exceed 5.
– Core dump files should not be created by scripts.
– Execute a script/binary that forks in a way to create a fork bomb.
– Send outbound mail to more than 25 recipients at any given time.
– All users are restricted to 15 concurrent MySQL connections.
– Each database is restricted to 1,000 MBs of disk space.
– Database queries should not exceed 2,000 per hour.
– Database changes (insert/update/delete) should not exceed 500 queries per hour.
– Database servers should not be used as a hosted solution. Database access should only be used for the web site hosted by Site5.
General misc. restrictions:
– The use/creation of more than 30,000 files within any given account.
– Single directories that contain more than 2,500 files.
– Simultaneous Apache connections in excess of 50.
– Files in excess of 10 MBs should not be sent via email.
– Use the find command recursively on directories more than 2 levels deep.
– All cron jobs must be ‘niced’ to 15 or greater.
– All cron jobs should not execute more than once every 15 minutes.
– Our servers should not be used as an SSH bounce point to other servers/networks.
The installation and/or execution of a script and/or binary that runs in the background or listens on a given port are strictly prohibited. If you require a bot, service, daemon or similar to run you should consider a dedicated server.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH POLICY
Failure to fully comply with these terms is grounds for account suspension and/or termination (with or without refund, subject to Site5’s discretion). All accounts and/or servers contained within Site5’s network must adhere to the above policies.
We reserve the right to remove any account without prior notice. If we terminate your account for violating policy, you will forfeit your rights to a refund–and none will be given. No refunds for advanced payment.
If you have any further questions about our services, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll be happy to help.
Get answers to all your hosting questions…and much more! Visit our Wiki Site at http://wiki.site5.com
Technical Support: email@example.com
New Sales Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org